Friday, January 20, 2012

Not there Yet!


WHERE WE WOULD LIKE TO BE, BUT NOT THERE YET, NOT YET, not yet, not yet............


We are waiting until our monthly support is complete. Please pray about helping us go to Uganda.


So many decisions. So many plans. So many things needing to happen, some all at the same time. So many hopes and dreams. So many phone calls and letters. So many duffel bags and foot lockers.  So many days making new decisions, changing plans, watching things not happen, holding onto hope, receiving calls and letters.     That seems to be the theme of our journey right now: "So many...".

So, what does a person do while having those  “so many” days? God’s Word clearly gives direction:
“To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in You I TRUST, O my God.” Psalm 25:1 
“The Lord is my Strength and my Shield; my heart TRUSTS in Him, and I am helped.” Psalm 28:7
“But I TRUST in You, O Lord; I say, “You are my God.” My times are in Your hands” Psalm 31:14

God’s Word is full of Scriptures that say “Trust in the Lord”, “Commit your way to the Lord”, “Be still”, “Wait patiently”. So, while there are "so many" to do while we wait, my soul will not be downcast. Our HOPE is in God and we will praise Him. He clearly showed me during our worship last Sunday, that it’s easy for those who have gone to Glory before us to worship Him, but what pleases Him so much is us praising Him through the "SO MANY!" No, I didn't make a mistake in making that "so many" blue, that is exactly what God is doing, changing us in the process. 

Maybe you are waiting on healing, financial freedom, family relationships, a spouse, a list that seems like "so many". While we are waiting on ours, we will pray for you. We would rather be across the ocean than still waiting, but God’s timing is far above ours. Meanwhile, we ask for HIS help with our "so many": the sale of our house, complete monthly support, tickets, and wise packing decisions. Thank you for following our journey. May you be blessed today. May your “so many” turned into "dancing and shouts of joy"!

......not yet, not yet, NOT YET, BUT NOT THERE YET, WHERE WE WOULD LIKE TO BE!

1 comment:

  1. All that and the cutest boys ever at the bottom!
    Danyne

    ReplyDelete