Sunday, April 22, 2012

OH THE JOY!

IF I WERE A RICH MAN, YA DA .......For some reason that song is playing in my mind as I write. I think because even if I was richer at this moment, I can't think of being any happier. Here are a few reasons why:

I was able to talk to our family in San Antonio yesterday. Hearing their little voices makes my heart smile and sing all at the same time! Oh the joy of grandchildren!

Today I saw a little boy go into the arms of his mom and dad for the very first time! There was no hesitation as he walked toward them and wanted to be picked up and hugged. He was all smiles while we were all tears! Oh the joy my Heavenly Father must have felt when He adopted me into HIS Family through His Son Jesus Christ!

It is a beautiful, breezy, cool Sunday afternoon. The family is together watching a movie, having coffee and coloring. Oh the joy of family being together.

At lunch today, Dustin asked the adopting parents if they have a Sunday night tradition at their house. They thought for a moment and said no, they didn't. Well in the past 20+ years, we have had a Sunday night tradition, starting with Melissa, Kirby and continuing with David and Courtney. We have a "pick off tray": popcorn, lunch meat, cheese, crackers, etc. We watch a movie together or America' Funniest Videos. We may not do that tonight, but we will be together with family and new friends.  Oh the joy of traditions. Oh boy, another song from my fav movie of all time!! TRADITION!!!

Yes, I am rich: family, grandchildren, adopting parents, being in Africa, traditions. BUT beyond those: I am a child of a King and THAT makes me rich in love, grace, compassion, and so much more. Oh the joy of having a loving Savior!

We hope to post some pics soon of the new building and our beautiful Uganda! OH THE JOY!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment